Venture away from an average pet supply store into the land of the designer pooch and you will find a very different standard of living. Here are ten of the most expensive items ever sold exclusively for dogs.
1. In 2008, a female surgeon from Gloucestershire invested A?250,000 in an architect designed dog house for her pet Great Danes. The house came complete with sheepskin-lined, temperature-controlled dog beds, an 18in-deep spa bath, a A?150,000 sound system and 52-inch plasma TV as well as automatic dog food and filtered water dispensers.
2. A Thai jewellery designer shocked the world when he designed a $4.2 million dog tiara for his pet Maltese terrier. The tiara was created from titanium and decorated with more than 100 karats diamonds and 153 karats of emeralds. Riwin Jirapolsek also has plans for a jewelled hair slide for his dog.
3. Alternatively if you can’t quite stretch to that why not go for a $3,000 22 karat gold thread mattress, based on an adult $30,000 version.
4. The ‘I love Dogs’ designers from New York have come up with a series of diamond encrusted collars that are the most expensive dog collars in the world. The collars range from the relatively cheap ‘La Jeune Tulipe’ collar which costs $150,000 through to the 52 karat $3.2 million ‘Amour, Amour’ collar adorned with over 1600 hand-set diamonds set on 18-karat white gold. You wouldn’t want that to get lost in the garden!
5. To go with the posh collar, owners with too much money on their hands could always go for a designer doggie outfit. Italian designer Roberto Cavalli has come up with a range of dog clothing including satin-trimmed bath robes, silk shorts, jackets and velour tracksuits priced from $110- $1200.
6. For the dog who …Read more